1995, July 12
Los Angeles S.I.R. Theater
- Little Blonde In The Park Of Attractions (Thai Dub) (7:30)
- The Dream Mixes version, but with atypically heavy guitar accompaniment by Milan Polak.
- Living In A Fountain Pen (6:15)
- The backing track is the same as the studio version, but with quite compelling (and, once again, ultra-heavy) Polak guitar accompaniment.
- Quasar (4:15)
- Again, atypically heavy guitar accompaniment by Milan Polak
- Stratosfear 1995 (5:45)
- Same as the studio version, a la Tyranny Of Beauty.
- Largo (from Xerxes) (4:30)
- Same as the studio version, with Linda Spa on woodwinds.
- Catwalk (4:30)
- The emcee preceded this track with an announcement: "And the fashion show continues..." Whereupon this track (faithful to the radio edit version from Tyranny Of Beauty CD-5) was indeed played to a parade of pouty-faced models strutting up a catwalk in front of the stage!
- Midwinter Night (4:45)
- Same as the studio version, with Linda Spa on woodwinds; she plays the clarinet dressed in what looks like an elaborate, wispy bridal gown.
- Touchwood (Forest Mix) (6:15)
- The Dream Mixes version, but with, again, atypically heavy guitar accompaniment by Milan Polak. The track was accompanied by some bizarre on-stage antics -- fashion models milling about looking disoriented, and a dapper-looking middle-aged man (apparently an Xsess executive) taking centre stage to dance what looked like a jig to the music! (Edgar and Jerome, on the fan camcorder tape which exists of the show, do not appear to be greatly amused by the goings on.)
(All times rounded to nearest 15 seconds and include bridges following song, if any.)Large parts of this section have been taken from the site What Dreams Are Made Of by kind permission of the authors John A. Burek and Mark Schaffer.
|This was a "multimedia event" hosted by Xsess Living Magazine, to benefit a food bank in the Los Angeles area. Several other artists played before Tangerine Dream.|